Never Alone

There comes a time in everyone's life where we question if God is really there. If He hears us and if He really cares. It's an inevitable feeling, we're humans trying to serve an infinite God. But it's in those times that God reveals himself so clearly and with such deep love that you can't help but fall into the Father's loving arms.

 This happened to me only a couple years ago, it was while I was struggling with a lot of fear. I was lying in bed one night, everyone was asleep, and I lay there absolutely terrified as fear coursed through my body. It was dark, it was late, and I had never felt more alone. Tears streamed down my face because I was so filled with fear and in my darkest moment I cried out to God. 

My Dad has always made me feel safe, from his presence in the room, to his soft snoring that could be heard through my wall, to his voice. His role as my father was to be my protector, provider, and spiritual authority, and he lived up to it beautifully. In essence, he made me feel safe. As I lay in bed that night I prayed that Jesus would wake my dad up, because I knew, even if he woke enough so I could hear him move in the other room, I would be okay. 

Almost as soon as I prayed, my daddy came walking into my room. It was in this moment that I not only felt the love of my heavenly Father, but of my earthly one as well. As he appeared in the doorway a new stream of tears rolled down my face, because I knew how much I was loved. My dad walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. I told him I was afraid and he prayed for me. The thick fear in the room was replaced with an overwhelming peace. 

That's the beauty of who our God is. He is always with us, no matter how we might feel, and when we call out to Him, He'll draw nearer and make His presence known. From this experience I learned the depth of my Father's love. I wasn't in danger. I would've been okay if my dad didn't come. But God saw me, He heard my whisper in the dark, and solely because He didn't want His daughter to feel alone, He sent His peace in the form of my daddy. 

It's so easy to think that God's not there, that He doesn't love us, and that our prayers go unheard, but the truth is, He is there. Always. Just as a father longs to protect his children, our Heavenly Father never desires for us to walk alone. He's forever by our side and all we have to do is reach out and take His hand. 

“And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:20 (NLT)

Comments

  1. Wow, Zoie! You made me cry. Love you! You are so brave! - Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Zoie. You are so loved ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Daddy’s love is so precious, both our earthly and our Heavenly one!🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts