In Awe

 There's something about the stars that leaves me in awe. The light that penetrates through the darkness from millions of miles away is amazing to me. I don't understand it, and I know there's purpose to them, but sometimes I like to think that God made them just for me. Just for me to look up at the night sky, see the beauty of the stars, and stand in awe. No matter how many times I look at them there's always a sense of wonder when I'm done. One night I walked outside and looked up at the clear sky with stars sprinkled across it and I was filled with so much wonder I couldn't help but sing praises to my God. There's this great line in the song by Hillsong called, "So Will I," it says, 

"If the stars were made to worship, so will I..."

I truly believe God made the stars for us. He made them so we could see a picture of His majesty. A glimpse only, but He spreads pictures of His majesty all throughout creation. We'll get to see who our God is if we take the time to look up. God desires for us to know Him, and He shows us all the time, but sometimes we miss it because we're too busy looking everywhere else. All around us there's constant reminders of who our God is and how big His love is for us. Go out tonight, look up at the stars, let the wonder of His majesty overwhelm you. Awestruck by the King. There's beauty in being awestruck, not only living in God's creation, but seeing it, and bringing praises to the One who made it all. We need to be an awestruck generation, so in awe of our God that we shine brighter than the stars.

"Lift up your eyes on high

And see who has created these stars,

The One who leads forth their host by number,

He calls them all by name;

Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,

Not one of them is missing." -Isaiah 40:26

Comments

Popular Posts